top of page
  • Writer's pictureDerek Carroll

Sickness and Touchdowns

Welcome, here we are at the end of another terrific week!

Fridays are always pretty hectic for me trying to get caught up on everything I've put off during the week. Today I have spent a lot of time getting caught up on scanning customer documents and other miscellaneous information into our Agency Management system. What is an Agency Management system??? Well it is basically the brain center of our agency where customer data and information is stored electronically. When I started in the agency 3 year ago, our office looked like 1992. There was 1 computer with one monitor and everything was kept in paper files, emails were even printed off and put in the paper file. Fast forward 2 months after I started and I had us up to four computers and rocking the very important two monitor at each desk. I've often wanted to upgrade to three monitors, but haven't pulled the trigger on three yet.

It hasn't been all catch up today, I did issue policies to two different families and some other endorsements for current clients.

Last week we had a couple different activities during the week. For Christmas last year Kayla, Drew, Taylor, and I went together and got my mom (and dad) a photo session to get some professional pictures taken. My mom cashed in on that and set up the appointment for last Wednesday. Unfortunately it rained and we were forced to move it back a day to Thursday. Which turned out to be a good thing because Brynleigh ended up getting sent home from daycare with a fever Tuesday, and staying home all day Wednesday. She actually seemed happier than normal and was acting just fine. She bounced back quickly thanks to a wonderful three hour nap on Wednesday.

So on Thursday we had our family pictures with Teresa Hammer from Teresa Hammer Photography:

Towards the end of the photo shoot I started to feel a little off as well and while we were eating dinner after the pictures I started to feel really off. The next morning I woke up to a fever, body aches, and a pounding headache. It just so happened that Beckett was also having the same symptoms. I sent Brynleigh off to daycare, Beckett went with my mom for some grandma therapy, and I went into work for a few hours to get some necessities taken care of then I went home and laid in bed for three hours. I woke up with the headache still, but my fever and body aches had subsided. I wasn't out of the clear, but pretty close. So for both kids being sick before and after the pictures, I was very happy with how they turned out.

When I picked Beckett up from my mom's he seemed back to normal and was acting like himself and the fever was gone! We could finally move on, right??

The next morning I woke up feeling great, and it's a good thing because Kayla and I were headed to the Notre Dame vs. Nevada game with our friends Luke and Katie! On our drive out we got a message from my parents who were watching the kids, and told us that Beckett wasn't feeling well when he woke up, but was recovering quickly and not to worry about him. Have to love how quickly kids get sick and recover. We had checked on him before leaving that morning and he was great.

Anyway we proceeded to the game and met Luke and Katie at our hotel we would be staying at Saturday night and then carpooled to our tailgate spot. Luke has access to a couple parking passes that get us right next to the stadium:

His tickets weren't to bad either. Here is a picture of the team running out of the stadium. My phone is getting old and I was a little late getting the shot:

I have not been out to Notre Dame since the stadium remodel had started so I was really excited to see that. It didn't disappoint and I can't wait to see the finished product. I think ND has one of the greatest game day experiences, and they have only improved on that the last few years.

This week we have welcomed feeling back to 100% and our somewhat regular routine. I did get to play slow pitch softball on Wednesday night for the first time in about 4 years which was a blast. I use to play a lot in the Quad Cities but a combination of things has made it difficult to play the last few years. While I could tell it had been a while since I played I did have fun, and let's just say I could really tell that I'm getting closer to 32 the next day when I woke up. I also had a meeting on Thursday night which required Kayla to handle bed time by herself. I always hate missing bed time as I really enjoy holding the kids in silence for a few minutes.

That pretty much wraps this week up. If you have any topics you'd like me to cover in a future blog whether it is insurance or personal topics let me know!

Take care everyone and insure that I see you next time!

65 views0 comments
bottom of page